Friday, December 7, 2007
OMM: On Schedule
Wow...today had to be the best day ever as far as time goes. Dr. KB arrived at 8:30 this morning to see her first patient, and though we eventually fell behind, we still got out at noon b/c Melanie (the PA) saw two of Dr. KB's patients for her. After lunch, I was joined by a 1st year named Kevin who's interested in doing family practice and OMM (he applied only to DO schools). So I let Kevin shadow Dr. KB while I saw a few patients on my own (I did all the physicals today, too). Our last patient was a manip patient and I had almost 30 minutes to myself to work with her. The problem: the more I tried to fix her back, the more problems she pointed out (she had a LOT of nasty ribheads popping out), and I kept hoping Dr. KB would walk through the door soon. When she finally did, she tried HVLA with no results, too, so she ended up floating the ribs. That's something I wouldn't have thought of doing, but it worked =) The best part about today: we were out by 5:00 pm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment