Monday, September 29, 2008
Geriatrics: Orientation
This morning several classmates and I met up at the "Blue House" on campus to go over an orientation packet for our geriatrics rotation, which officially begins tomorrow. As part of the sign-in, we had to write down what specialty we were going into, and the list wasn't terribly diverse. Justin, Anita and I were IM; Danny was Peds; Janet, Marcus, and David were ER (of course); Lora, Eric, and Sara S were family, and Corey was radiology. I'm on the same "team" as Justin and Corey, so we'll be seeing a lot of each other at the same clinics. I noticed that the preceptor we got is one rumored to make the students work hard, but I think I'll be up for it. Also saw a lot of familiar faces at the EMR training session (which I hated b/c it was close to lunchtime and I was starving and impatient to leave), including Heather and Elizabeth, so that was nice. We had an hour to kill between the end of orientation and EMR training so I went ahead and got my drug screen test. Later in the elevator Marcus made a joke about how he should let his "cup runneth over" at his drug screen. I thought, "Ewww."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am going to forward you an e-mail I wrote to Justin.
Post a Comment