On Thursday, the day after the departmental exam, my other eight classmates and I met with Dr. A to go over our exams. When I saw my grade, I knew it wasn't great, and I was even angrier when I found out that I changed about 5 correct answers to incorrect ones! That scared me into doing a more intense review for the shelf exam. But for people doing their ob-gyn rotation at JPS, commit this to memory: for the departmental exam, focus on the lecture material. Many of the exam questions came straight from the case studies in the powerpoints, especially with Dr. A's lectures, which I did not review in thorough detail the night before the exam (I'd read Case Files instead). So for the dept exam, know the presentations well, and then go over Case Files for extra stuff. Also, Pretest did not help me very much; the lectures at JPS covered just about everything we needed to know for the shelf.
The shelf exam: alas, time and dysmenorrhea were my worst enemy (a little TMI there, but after hearing other girls talking in the bathroom I knew I wasn't the only one). The level of difficulty was about the same as the dept exam, but hopefully I did better on the shelf. I got my peds grade back, and I passed with a fairly comfortable margin, but we'll see what ob-gyn does for me.
Now...onward to psych. I'll be at Terrell State Hospital and have gotten some info from Asuka and Andrew about it so hopefully I won't be too unprepared. I also hear there's only one computer with internet access there so I may not be able to blog on a regular basis (though still more regular than other peeps, hehe). I'll take some pictures, too =)
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment